Will You be in Heaven?
Are you good enough to go to heaven?
Let's look at the Ten Commandments - the standard to see how we fall
Have you ever told a lie (even a small white lie)?
- You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
Have you ever stolen anything (even if it was small or when you were young)?
- You shall not steal.
Have you ever coveted other people's possessions?
- You shall not covet your neighbor’s house; you shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, nor his male servant, nor his female servant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor’s.
Have you always honored your parents?
- Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long upon the land which the LORD your God is giving you.
Have you ever lusted and therefore committed adultery in your heart?
- You shall not commit adultery.
If you are honest with yourself, you know you will be guilty on
the Day of Judgement.
Because of our sin and punishment, we are destined to hell.
- For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
God however, doesn't want to send you to Hell. He sent his Son, Jesus
Christ, to die on the Cross for you so you can be free from your
punishment of sin. That's how much God loves you. We broke God's
Law, but Jesus paid the fine for us and then defeated death by rising
from the dead.
- For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son...
- Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures.
If you repent and trust in Jesus, God will forgive your sins and
grant you everlasting life.